You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-11 15:22:20

archqt

[KDE][Plasma] How to delete config file ?

Hi,
i m sure someone had already asked for it but i found anwsers that didn't work. I would like to have same desktop as if it was the first time i came on it. I have delete .kde/ .config/plasm* and even Desktop/ but at the end it is always the same i can't change icons size...but it works fine if i do a fake account to log on Plasma.
Which files or directory do i have to delete ?
Thanks
Sincerely

#2 2017-10-11 16:42:22

imdn

Re: [KDE][Plasma] How to delete config file ?

You will need to delete at least the following files.

.local/share/plasma*
.local/share/kde*
.config/plasma*
.config/kde* (also check and remove other kde related files such as kglobalshortcutsrc, kwinrc, krunnerrc, kmenueditrc etc. They usually being with 'k')
.cache/plasma*
.cache/kde* (also check and remove other k* files)

My usual way is to make backups of '.config' and '.local' directories and remove them entirely along with '.cache' and login to desktop. I just copy the needed files/directories from my backups as needed.

Last edited by imdn (2017-10-11 17:44:53)

#3 2017-10-11 19:49:52

archqt

imdn wrote:

You will need to delete at least the following files.

.local/share/plasma*
.local/share/kde*
.config/plasma*
.config/kde* (also check and remove other kde related files such as kglobalshortcutsrc, kwinrc, krunnerrc, kmenueditrc etc. They usually being with 'k')
.cache/plasma*
.cache/kde* (also check and remove other k* files)

My usual way is to make backups of '.config' and '.local' directories and remove them entirely along with '.cache' and login to desktop. I just copy the needed files/directories from my backups as needed.

I have done this before except the cache, then i did it again but it doesn't work. I still can't resize Icons on my account. I can do it in the fake account but not on mine.
Thanks

#4 2017-10-13 07:59:07

archqt

Hi,
i did this and it works fine now
rm /home/archqt/Desktop/ -d -r
cp -r /home/bidon/.kde4/ /home/archqt/
cp -r /home/bidon/Bureau/ /home/archqt/
cp -r .config/kdeglobals /home/archqt/.config/
rm /home/archqt/.cache/ -d -r
cp -r .config/plasma* /home/archqt/.config/

I don't know why they were a Desktop folder and only a "Bureau" folder in the other one. In french Bureau is the same as Desktop so...maybe there were a bug with languages.
Sincerely

Board footer