You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-16 07:23:47

dunek
Member
Registered: 2010-05-15
Posts: 23

Keyboard layout changes to default on non GTK3 applications since 3.26

All of my applications that don't use GTK3 (Firefox, GVim, Matlab, Octave) use the default, instead of my usual Swiss German, layout since the Gnome 3.26 update. They also don't respect the Caps Lock to Escape remapping I made in Gnome Tweak Tool. All the things I described above work fine in GTK3 Apps (Gedit, Epiphany), in fact I had to type this in Gedit.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Offline

#2 2017-10-16 21:26:29

dunek
Member
Registered: 2010-05-15
Posts: 23

Re: Keyboard layout changes to default on non GTK3 applications since 3.26

It was an issue with fcitx, which was conflicting with ibus. I uninstalled all things fcitx and it works again.

Offline

#3 2017-10-17 15:08:58

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,129

Re: Keyboard layout changes to default on non GTK3 applications since 3.26

Good to hear.
Please always remember to mark threads as "[SOLVED]" by editing the subject of your initial post. Thanks.

Offline

#4 2017-10-18 05:59:32

dunek
Member
Registered: 2010-05-15
Posts: 23

Re: Keyboard layout changes to default on non GTK3 applications since 3.26

How do I do that? I can't edit the title.

Offline

#5 2017-10-18 06:23:38

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,129

Re: Keyboard layout changes to default on non GTK3 applications since 3.26

Click "edit" on the bottom of your very first post - you should see a "subject" field above the post.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB