You are not logged in.

#26 2017-10-19 01:46:06

Ropid

Re: temperature nvidia with Bumblebee in normal use is arround 40C

I found pictures of the insides of your laptop here:

http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/insid … e-options/

In the last photo, you can see that the CPU and GPU are sharing the same heatpipes for cooling. The heatpipes go over both chips and should (somewhat) tie their temperatures together.

I'm thinking, maybe the GPU isn't at fault here, instead it's the CPU? Maybe something can be improved about idle and cpufreq settings to get its temperature lower in normal desktop use. Maybe some software you have running all the time on the desktop is inefficient, like the web browser doesn't use hardware acceleration well in Linux and uses the CPU more, while the situation is better in Windows or you used a different browser there.

Did you also compare CPU temperatures when you compared Windows and Linux?

#27 2017-10-19 06:15:23

HiImTye

without knowing what version of Windows you're using, and from what I've read here that your overall case temperature is likely to blame, I feel that I should point out that older versions of Windows (7, maybe 8 I'm not sure) used to power down unused cores, a method that isn't in use anymore unless explicitly enabled, because the power benefit is negligible on modern cpus, whose cpu scaling actually provides a better net power gain, but if your cpu load is high, your cpus might not be scaling as nicely. this would likely be true if you're using an intensive desktop environment, eg. gnome-shell/cinnamon. you should try monitoring your cpu frequencies and also check if you are powering down cores in Windows.

#28 2017-10-19 12:07:34

bOlaE

After reading all your comments and read some article on the internet, I realize that the problem may be the Solid State Drives PCIe but not the GPU
tLwmNe0.png
The heat comes from there

Board footer