You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-20 14:21:19

Ghal

[solved]Installer offset by green/purple line of bars outside monitor

Hey!
As the title suggests the installer is offset by a line of bars pushing the virtual screen outside of the actual monitor  (Image: https://imgur.com/a/iv9OP), making the installation process difficult, esp. partitioning where I can't clear the screen and the cmd line ends up outside the screen. This problem persists over different installation media, different usb ports as well and other software with graphical interfaces. In the latter case they don't show at all but instead only artifacts (Antergos, gparted-live). Makes me assume it has something to with the output of my GPU but after some googling, I haven't found anyone with a similar issue and I'm at a loss on how to really proceed.

If anyone has experienced something similar, any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any further information feel free to let me know.

Last edited by Ghal (2017-10-20 15:59:55)

#2 2017-10-20 14:29:18

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [solved]Installer offset by green/purple line of bars outside monitor

Ghal wrote:

Makes me assume it has something to with the output of my GPU...

If that's what you suspect, it would help if you told us something about what GPU you have (and other hardware while you're at it).

Have you tried passing 'nomodeset' on the kernel line?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2017-10-20 14:52:40

Ghal

Trilby wrote:
Ghal wrote:

Makes me assume it has something to with the output of my GPU...

If that's what you suspect, it would help if you told us something about what GPU you have (and other hardware while you're at it).

Have you tried passing 'nomodeset' on the kernel line?

Ah yes ofc, sily me.

Mobo: Asus Maximus viii hero,
GPU: Nvidia gtx  980TI,
CPU: i7 6700K,
RAM: Corsaid Vengence LPX

I reckon this is the hardware of importance. I'm attempting to install arch on a secondary drive which I intend to move to another machine. I've did not have this issue installing arch a while back for dual-boot on this machine.

I haven't tried that, I'll look into it at once.

Last edited by Ghal (2017-10-20 14:54:00)

#4 2017-10-20 16:00:18

Ghal

nomodeset solved the problem - cheers thanks!

Board footer