You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-26 07:39:54

Llama
Banned
From: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Registered: 2008-03-03
Posts: 1,379

KDE: ibus won't switch layouts reliably (timeout problem?)

Hi,

~/.profile:

...
export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
exec ibus-daemon -drx &

Input Method Panel widget on the panel. Before recent update it used to work reliably. Now it (mostly) does not. Mouse switch sometimes works, keyboard shortcut almost never, though the switch indicator works always as expected.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Llama (2017-10-27 08:56:36)

Offline

#2 2017-10-27 08:55:59

Llama
Banned
From: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Registered: 2008-03-03
Posts: 1,379

Re: KDE: ibus won't switch layouts reliably (timeout problem?)

I've got another box (LXDE) with the apparently same setup. It works, but of first of a series of switches it shows a longish timeout.

The troubled KDE box shows no visible timeout at all.

Official docs here, ArchWiki doesn't mention timeouts at all. I didn't meddle with timeouts because I have no idea what they mean and where to start with them.

Last edited by Llama (2017-10-27 08:58:10)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB