You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-25 19:42:11

Josey
Member
Registered: 2017-10-25
Posts: 8

rtorrent - Dynamic download folder, based on 'Watch' subfolders?

Hi guys!

I'm trying to set-up rtorrent to download to a folder, the name of which is based on the folder the .torrent file is in. I've looked online and checked the man page, and I don't know if this is possible.

For example, I want to be able to do this:

   Have a watch directory (~/.torrentwatch).

   Make a subfolder in the watch directory, and pop a torrent file in it (for example ~/.torrentwatch/mnt/Drive1/Books/William Shakespeare/Romeo and Juliet/romeo.torrent)

   Have rtorrent look in the subfolders, and download the torrent to the folder it's referring to (for example /mnt/Drive1/Books/William Shakespeare/Romeo and Juliet/romeo.epub)

Is there any possible way to do this?

If not, is there a way to manually set the download location each time I add a torrent?

Last edited by Josey (2017-10-25 22:01:50)

Offline

#2 2017-10-27 01:06:20

Josey
Member
Registered: 2017-10-25
Posts: 8

Re: rtorrent - Dynamic download folder, based on 'Watch' subfolders?

I've decided not to use a watch directory, and instead to just add the torrent manually and then use ^o to say where I want it to download.

Offline

#3 2017-10-27 18:19:44

pyroscope
Member
Registered: 2011-03-11
Posts: 33
Website

Re: rtorrent - Dynamic download folder, based on 'Watch' subfolders?

Well, https://pyrocore.readthedocs.io/en/late … euemanager and note the "set target path" part. Combine with usual methods of completion moving and you're set.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB