You are not logged in.
Hi, I'am using KDE and want to use alt+tab like in gnome with only one window per application. So I activated the option an it works for lots of applications for instance firefox. But if i use KDE applications like Kate or dolphin all windows are shown in alt+tab menu. They are in one group in icons only task manager.
Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
modnoob
Offline
Iirc kwin "only" groups by PID here (whereas the taskbar probably stuffs together all windows with the same class name) and dolphin and kate (depending on how involved) spawn a new process everytime.
For a cross check, open 3 xterms (separate processes) and look how those are treated.
Offline
Its the same in xterm. The windows are grouped in window list but not in alt+tab switcher
Can i change alt+tab switcher so it groups by application class too?
Last edited by modnoob (2017-10-17 16:03:45)
Offline
I can confirm the issue and it seems not to be fixed yet. See this thread for a temporary workaround.
Last edited by raul_l (2017-10-30 03:32:52)
Raul Laasner
Offline