You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-03 04:29:36

sumitkbhardwaj
Member
From: Mumbai, India
Registered: 2015-04-12
Posts: 10
Website

Unable to set logo on GDM Screen

Hi All,

I am currently running a fully updated Arch installation on my laptop with Gnome 3.16. I am trying to setup an arch linux logo on the GDM screen using the guide given at this wiki page :

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GD … creen_logo

I have got the logo installed using the archlinux-artwork package from AUR. I have copied the logo into /opt/logo/logo.svg and my /etc/dconf/db/gdm.d/02-logo file looks like this:

[org/gnome/login-screen]
logo='/opt/login/logo.svg'


But I am still not getting any logo on GDM login screen. I have tried with a PNG image as well, no effect.

Can anybody guide me regarding what else I can try?

Thanks.

Last edited by sumitkbhardwaj (2015-05-03 05:27:52)


Arch x86_64 on Lenovo X240 Laptop : Intel Core i7 4600U CPU, 8 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz Hynix RAM, Intel HD4400 Graphics, 1 TB Seagate HDD, Intel 7260 Wifi, Intel I218-LM ethernet.

Offline

#2 2017-10-30 22:49:28

jemadux
Member
From: Thessaloniki City / Greece
Registered: 2010-07-17
Posts: 67

Re: Unable to set logo on GDM Screen

i have the same issue

 "/etc/dconf/db/gdm.d/02-logo"
"/etc/dconf/db/gdm.d/02-logo" E212: Can't open file for writing

Offline

#3 2017-10-30 23:05:10

WorMzy
Administrator
From: Scotland
Registered: 2010-06-16
Posts: 13,674
Website

Re: Unable to set logo on GDM Screen

Please do not necrobump. I am not convinced that this is the same issue that sumitkbhardwaj was experiencing two and a half years ago, but from the error message I would hazard a guess that your problem is that the gdm user cannot write to the requested file. Check the permissions. If you still have problems, open a new thread.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping.22

Closing.


Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB