You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-03 01:17:23

Jackrc94
Member
Registered: 2016-07-28
Posts: 4

Cursor Drag Area Selection

Hello, I've run into some trouble as I've been using i3 for a while and while it's worked out great I haven't found function to select a group of files by dragging the cursor to highlight them all. What I'm looking for is the ability on Gnome or Windows to hold down the mouse button and drag the cursor to form a box, highlighting everything that is inside, if you know what I'm talking about. Is there any way to modify i3 to add this capability or is there any any other package i can use to do this?

Offline

#2 2017-11-03 01:39:27

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: Cursor Drag Area Selection

That's file manager functionality, presumably. Works in pcmanfm, anyway.


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2017-11-03 11:58:30

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,525
Website

Re: Cursor Drag Area Selection

i3 is a window manager, not a file manager.  This makes no sense at all.  You can use any file manager you want within i3.  What program is showing these groups of files that you would want to select?

I suspect every graphical file manager allows such selection.

Last edited by Trilby (2017-11-03 12:00:24)


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

#4 2017-11-03 14:33:31

Jackrc94
Member
Registered: 2016-07-28
Posts: 4

Re: Cursor Drag Area Selection

Ok I thought it was desktop environment feature, the program I’m using is darktable and it won’t allow me to drag to select a group of files.

Offline

#5 2017-11-03 14:39:59

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,525
Website

Re: Cursor Drag Area Selection

Then that's on darktable - it wouldn't work any different in any other WM/DE.


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB