extra is up to date
 community is up to date
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Packages (1): archlinux-keyring-20171020-1

Total Installed Size:   0.84 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0.30 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                          [########################################] 100%
downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key 2048R/, "Christian Hesse (Arch Linux Package Signing) <arch@eworm.de>", created: 2011-08-12? [Y/n] 
error: key "Christian Hesse (Arch Linux Package Signing) <arch@eworm.de>" could not be imported
error: required key missing from keyring
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I have also tried to remove(rename) /etc/pacman.d/gnupg and

pacman-key --init
pacman-key --populate archlinux
pacman-key --refresh-keys

but nothing helps.

pacman -Suy now ends with this messages:

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(943/943) checking keys in keyring                                      [########################################] 100%
downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key 4096R/, "Antonio Rojas <arojas@us.es>", created: 2014-10-21? [Y/n] 
error: key "Antonio Rojas <arojas@us.es>" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 2048R/, "Christian Hesse (Arch Linux Package Signing) <arch@eworm.de>", created: 2011-08-12? [Y/n] 
error: key "Christian Hesse (Arch Linux Package Signing) <arch@eworm.de>" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 4096R/, "Levente Polyak <Z3r0.0x00@gmail.com>", created: 2011-11-07? [Y/n] 
error: key "Levente Polyak <Z3r0.0x00@gmail.com>" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 4096R/, "Anatol Pomozov <anatol.pomozov@gmail.com>", created: 2014-02-04? [Y/n] 
error: key "Anatol Pomozov <anatol.pomozov@gmail.com>" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 256/, "Alad Wenter <alad@mailbox.org>", created: 2017-09-07? [Y/n] 
error: key "Alad Wenter <alad@mailbox.org>" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 8192R/, "Johannes LĂśthberg <johannes@kyriasis.com>", created: 2014-01-14? [Y/n] 
error: key "Johannes LĂśthberg <johannes@kyriasis.com>" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 2048R/, "Bruno Pagani <pagani@iap.fr>", created: 2011-08-22? [Y/n] 
error: key "Bruno Pagani <pagani@iap.fr>" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 4096R/, "Baptiste Jonglez <bjonglez@illyse.org>", created: 2015-02-08? [Y/n] 
error: key "Baptiste Jonglez <bjonglez@illyse.org>" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 4096R/, "Giancarlo Razzolini (grazzolini) <grazzolini@archlinux.org>", created: 2016-11-11? [Y/n] 
error: key "Giancarlo Razzolini (grazzolini) <grazzolini@archlinux.org>" could not be imported
error: required key missing from keyring
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Is there some way to update so old system?
Thanks.

Last edited by misarm (2017-11-01 20:31:12)

#2 2017-11-01 20:33:50

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Re: pacman -Syu after three years - GPG problem

3 years is a very long time without upgrades.

Option 1
Use the Arch Linux Archive to chronologically step through all of the manual upgrades in the news items from the last 3 years. While tools such as ala-config could make this a little easier, it will still be a pita and probably not worth it.

Option 2
Back up your personal data and re-install. A lot of things have changed so this would be a good time to start over.

After that, try to update at least once a week.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#3 2017-11-01 21:13:28

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Xyne wrote:

... try to update at least once a week.

I think this is a good goal, but I'd also suggest if needed an arch system can certainly go a bit longer between upgrades ... but not years!

The more frequent the update, the easier it is.  But I think even monthly-or-so updates are viable for a reliable system.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2017-11-01 21:48:05

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Trilby wrote:
Xyne wrote:

... try to update at least once a week.

I think this is a good goal, but I'd also suggest if needed an arch system can certainly go a bit longer between upgrades ... but not years!

The more frequent the update, the easier it is.  But I think even monthly-or-so updates are viable for a reliable system.

Yeah, it was just a suggestion. As long as the time period is covered by ALA, there is no real limit on how long you can go but shorter is easier. There's a certain frustration in waiting for a slow computer to check 400+ packages only to complain about something trivial and exit, leaving you to rerun the full check again after an easy quick fix.

#5 2017-11-02 22:42:47

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

In my experience even a month or two isn't too hard to deal with. That heavily depends on WHAT happened in those 2 months though. If a rebuild is followed fairly quickly by some other big change... good luck.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#6 2017-11-02 23:35:25

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

There's probably a strong correlation between the pita level of upgrades and how much time Allan spends on Arch linux.

#7 2017-11-03 02:47:30

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Xyne wrote:

There's probably a strong correlation between the pita level of upgrades and how much time Allan spends on Arch linux.

And in 2 months there'll be a new utility in [xyne-any] which automates the correlation calculations between Allan's time spent and PITA level.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#8 2017-11-03 10:50:54

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

I would reinstall just to get the system cleaned up from deprecated crud etc. *A lot* has changed in the last 3 years.

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#9 2017-11-03 11:29:13

Allan
Pacman
Website

There is also a proper answer to this question...

pacman is failing to import that key.  You could try manually with pacman-key, perhaps after changing keyservers.

There has been nothing too major in the last three years...  A couple of manual interventions as described in the news.

#10 2017-11-03 13:47:15

Scimmia
Fellow

The major change was the introduction of hooks. You'll need to update your system to just before that point using the Archive, then update the rest of the system. Trying to update all of the way will leave many necessary things that the hooks do undone.

#11 2017-11-03 16:54:11

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

:: Import PGP key 256/, "Alad Wenter <alad@mailbox.org>", created: 2017-09-07? [Y/n] 
error: key "Alad Wenter <alad@mailbox.org>" could not be imported

May be related to Curve25519 keys only being supported in GPG since late 2015...

Last edited by Alad (2017-11-03 16:55:29)

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

Board footer