You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-11 12:12:17

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Deluged, make it running

Hi guys, I need help with deluge daemon because I can't find a solution to my problem. I had read wiki and a tons of topics on forums but I cannot make it alone. I want deluge to run in background as daemon, so I had followed the wiki but I don't understand what to do so make it work. Let's look what I have on my system right now. Just after the instal and a reboot, the service is inactive (this because i had not enabled it) and not running. If I try to deluge-console I get a "Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: Password does not match". I think it's ok, 1) because the server is not running and 2) because this is my secondary problem. So let's start deluge with systemctl

● deluged.service - Deluge Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/deluged.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sat 2017-11-11 13:01:41 CET; 6min ago
 Main PID: 1322 (deluged)
    Tasks: 7 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/deluged.service
           └─1322 /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/deluged -d

nov 11 13:01:54 otaDesk deluged[1322]:     raise BadLoginError("Password does not match")
nov 11 13:01:54 otaDesk deluged[1322]: BadLoginError: Password does not match
nov 11 13:05:02 otaDesk deluged[1322]: [ERROR   ] 13:05:02 torrentmanager:735 Unable to backup /srv/deluge/.config/deluge/state/torrents.state to /
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]: [ERROR   ] 13:06:51 rpcserver:268 Password does not match
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]: Traceback (most recent call last):
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 262, in dispatch
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]:     ret = component.get("AuthManager").authorize(*args, **kwargs)
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/authmanager.py", line 95, in authorize
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]:     raise BadLoginError("Password does not match")
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]: BadLoginError: Password does not match

I get an error, something with the auth file. On my system I think I have only two auth file of deluge. The one in my -config/deluge/ folder and a second in /srv/deluge/.config/deluge. I had tried to add a second user "test" in my file and in the file in /srv/ folder but nothing.

What I need to do. Today is my third day trying to solve it

Offline

#2 2017-11-11 13:26:22

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,442

Re: Deluged, make it running

For clarity, you did run "systemctl start deluged.service" as root ?

What is the output of

< /etc/passwd grep deluge

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#3 2017-11-11 13:50:23

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Re: Deluged, make it running

I can run it as root or as limited user (the main one). The output of you command is

deluge:x:125:125:Deluge user:/srv/deluge:/bin/false

Offline

#4 2017-11-11 14:04:26

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,442

Re: Deluged, make it running

So the deluge user is setup correctly and doesn't need a password.

Do you get the same error when starting deluged as root and as user ?
If in doubt, please post both outputs.


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#5 2017-11-11 14:11:02

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Re: Deluged, make it running

systemctl status as normal user

● deluged.service - Deluge Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/deluged.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sat 2017-11-11 13:01:41 CET; 2h 4min ago
 Main PID: 1322 (deluged)
    Tasks: 7 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/deluged.service
           └─1322 /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/deluged -d

nov 11 13:01:54 otaDesk deluged[1322]:     raise BadLoginError("Password does not match")
nov 11 13:01:54 otaDesk deluged[1322]: BadLoginError: Password does not match
nov 11 13:05:02 otaDesk deluged[1322]: [ERROR   ] 13:05:02 torrentmanager:735 Unable to backup /srv/deluge/.config/deluge/state/torrents.state to /srv/deluge/.config/deluge/state/torren
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]: [ERROR   ] 13:06:51 rpcserver:268 Password does not match
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]: Traceback (most recent call last):
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 262, in dispatch
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]:     ret = component.get("AuthManager").authorize(*args, **kwargs)
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/authmanager.py", line 95, in authorize
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]:     raise BadLoginError("Password does not match")
nov 11 13:06:51 otaDesk deluged[1322]: BadLoginError: Password does not match


and as root user (after I had restarted it of course)

● deluged.service - Deluge Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/deluged.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sat 2017-11-11 15:08:04 CET; 1s ago
 Main PID: 6548 (deluged)
    Tasks: 7 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/deluged.service
           └─6548 /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/deluged -d

nov 11 15:08:04 otaDesk systemd[1]: Started Deluge Daemon.

as root it seems ok, I can't read about any error. If I try to connect to the server (with root or normal user) the result is the same,

Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: Username does not exist

The content of the auth file in /srv/... and the home directory of the normal user is the same

localclient:0b81857f29d893ae0195870b853b3ff5320040ed:10

Offline

#6 2017-11-11 15:34:40

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,442

Re: Deluged, make it running

please start deluged as root, then the deluge console client and try to connect using 

connect 127.0.0.1:5846 localclient 0b81857f29d893ae0195870b853b3ff5320040ed

please post full output including the commands you typed.


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#7 2017-11-11 15:42:39

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
From: :wq
Registered: 2008-12-01
Posts: 10,734
Website

Re: Deluged, make it running

1. Stop deluged (either systemd or user) and verify it id not running (`ps aux | grep deluged`).
2. Rename your existing /srv/deluge/.config to something as a backup (`mv /srv/deluge/.config /srv/deluge/config.old`)
3. Start the systemd service and post the output of `systemctl status deluged`

Offline

#8 2017-11-12 01:52:07

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Re: Deluged, make it running

sopping daemon

[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># whoami
root
[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># systemctl status deluged
● deluged.service - Deluge Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/deluged.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

nov 11 15:08:53 otaDesk deluged[6548]: BadLoginError: Username does not exist
nov 11 22:59:08 otaDesk deluged[6548]: [ERROR   ] 22:59:08 rpcserver:268 Password does not match
nov 11 22:59:08 otaDesk deluged[6548]: Traceback (most recent call last):
nov 11 22:59:08 otaDesk deluged[6548]:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 262, in dispatch
nov 11 22:59:08 otaDesk deluged[6548]:     ret = component.get("AuthManager").authorize(*args, **kwargs)
nov 11 22:59:08 otaDesk deluged[6548]:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/authmanager.py", line 95, in authorize
nov 11 22:59:08 otaDesk deluged[6548]:     raise BadLoginError("Password does not match")
nov 11 22:59:08 otaDesk deluged[6548]: BadLoginError: Password does not match
nov 12 02:49:11 otaDesk systemd[1]: Stopping Deluge Daemon...
nov 12 02:49:11 otaDesk systemd[1]: Stopped Deluge Daemon.
[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># 

trying to connect with deluge-console but the output is:

>>> connect 127.0.0.1:5846 localclient 0b81857f29d893ae0195870b853b3ff5320040ed
Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:5846 with reason: Connessione rifiutata

same result if I try to start it again and the trying to connect with deluge-console

Offline

#9 2017-11-12 01:56:36

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Re: Deluged, make it running

1. Stop deluged (either systemd or user) and verify it id not running (`ps aux | grep deluged`).

[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># systemctl status deluged.service
● deluged.service - Deluge Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/deluged.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

nov 12 02:50:43 otaDesk systemd[1]: Started Deluge Daemon.
nov 12 02:50:46 otaDesk deluged[29527]: [ERROR   ] 02:50:46 rpcserver:268 Username does not exist
nov 12 02:50:46 otaDesk deluged[29527]: Traceback (most recent call last):
nov 12 02:50:46 otaDesk deluged[29527]:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 262, in dispatch
nov 12 02:50:46 otaDesk deluged[29527]:     ret = component.get("AuthManager").authorize(*args, **kwargs)
nov 12 02:50:46 otaDesk deluged[29527]:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/authmanager.py", line 89, in authorize
nov 12 02:50:46 otaDesk deluged[29527]:     raise BadLoginError("Username does not exist")
nov 12 02:50:46 otaDesk deluged[29527]: BadLoginError: Username does not exist
nov 12 02:53:04 otaDesk systemd[1]: Stopping Deluge Daemon...
nov 12 02:53:04 otaDesk systemd[1]: Stopped Deluge Daemon.
[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># 

2. Rename your existing /srv/deluge/.config to something as a backup (`mv /srv/deluge/.config /srv/deluge/config.old`)

[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># mv /srv/deluge/.config /srv/deluge/config.old
[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># ls -la /srv/deluge/
totale 12
drwxrwxr-x 3 deluge deluge 4096 12 nov 02.53 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 root   root   4096 11 nov 12.59 ..
drwx------ 3 deluge deluge 4096 11 nov 13.01 config.old
[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># 

3. Start the systemd service and post the output of `systemctl status deluged`

[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># systemctl check deluged.service
inactive
[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># systemctl start deluged.service
[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># systemctl check deluged.service
active
[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon># systemctl status deluged.service
● deluged.service - Deluge Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/deluged.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2017-11-12 02:55:13 CET; 8s ago
 Main PID: 29817 (deluged)
    Tasks: 7 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/deluged.service
           └─29817 /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/deluged -d

nov 12 02:55:13 otaDesk systemd[1]: Started Deluge Daemon.
[root@otaDesk]: /home/otacon>#

trying to connect with deluge-console but nothing, same error

Offline

#10 2017-11-12 03:58:07

cfr
Member
From: Cymru
Registered: 2011-11-27
Posts: 7,178

Re: Deluged, make it running

Ancalagon wrote:

trying to connect with deluge-console but nothing, same error

You are trying this bit as your normal user, right? You aren't trying deluge-console as root?


CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

Offline

#11 2017-11-12 07:52:07

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Re: Deluged, make it running

I had tried as both, super-user and normal user, nothing change

Offline

#12 2017-11-12 08:09:05

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Re: Deluged, make it running

I tried to move also the configuration folder inside the home folder of my normal-user. And I can run deluge.service without it... I can't understand, how is it even possibile tu run a program without configuration folder? Maybe there is a third folder out of /home and /srv?

UPDATE: I had tried two times ant the result is always the same. As normal user, if i KILL deluged and then started again, everything is working.

[otacon@otaDesk]: ~>$ deluge-console 

"I cannot connect to the server

[otacon@otaDesk]: ~>$ ps -A | grep deluge
 1472 ?        00:00:00 deluged
[otacon@otaDesk]: ~>$ sudo kill 1472
[sudo] password di otacon: 
[otacon@otaDesk]: ~>$ ps -A | grep deluge
[otacon@otaDesk]: ~>$ deluged
[otacon@otaDesk]: ~>$ ps -A | grep deluge
 1541 ?        00:00:00 deluged
[otacon@otaDesk]: ~>$ deluge-console

It's working

EDIT: how can I "fix" this problem? Do I need to make a cron script that close the deamon after login and restart it or maybe can we try something else?

Last edited by Ancalagon (2017-11-12 10:03:11)

Offline

#13 2017-11-12 12:48:13

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,442

Re: Deluged, make it running

What is in your /etc/systemd/user/deluged.service file ?


some notes :

the command i posted had  a typo, it should have been 58846 as port number, not 5846
you can prepend commands with LC_ALL=C to have them output everything in english.


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#14 2017-11-15 20:51:27

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Re: Deluged, make it running

Lone_Wolf wrote:

What is in your /etc/systemd/user/deluged.service file ?


some notes :

the command i posted had  a typo, it should have been 58846 as port number, not 5846
you can prepend commands with LC_ALL=C to have them output everything in english.


Mmm, I don't have any deluged.service file in this directory. I have only

default.target.wants
sockets.target.wants

I have one in /usr/lib/systemd/system/ and in it I have:

[Unit]
Description=Deluge Daemon
After=network.target

[Service]
User=deluge
ExecStart=/usr/bin/deluged -d
UMask=0002

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Offline

#15 2017-11-17 11:41:20

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,442

Re: Deluged, make it running

Ancalagon, IF you want to run deluged as your normal user THEN you have to create that file yourself .

I suggest you study the deluge page on archlinux wiki.
How did you install arch  ?


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#16 2017-12-02 12:50:04

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Re: Deluged, make it running

I had followed the wiki of course, and this is the third time that I try to instal deluge as daemon and I can't figure out how to make it run properly.  Now, I have deluge.service in /etc/systemd/user/ as it should be and it contain

[Unit]
Description=Deluge Daemon
After=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/bin/deluged -d -P %h/.config/deluge/deluge.pid

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

Nothing has changed, every time that I restart the pc I need to kill deluge and to restart the service to make it work

Offline

#17 2017-12-02 13:56:46

boojum
Member
From: /dev/null
Registered: 2013-09-23
Posts: 44
Website

Re: Deluged, make it running

Ancalagon wrote:

Now, I have deluge.service in /etc/systemd/user/ as it should be and it contain

It should be in ~/.config/systemd/user/ NOT /etc/systemd/user/. See wiki for details.

Last edited by boojum (2017-12-02 14:02:07)

Offline

#18 2017-12-02 14:44:18

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,442

Re: Deluged, make it running

It could be the problem is not with deluge itself, but with systemd --user .

check https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … _on_logout


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#19 2018-02-24 12:16:02

Ancalagon
Member
Registered: 2017-11-11
Posts: 23

Re: Deluged, make it running

Mmmm, I don't understand, sorry. In any case, I have a config file in .config/systemd/user and in it I have

[Unit]
Description=Deluge Daemon
After=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/bin/deluged -d -P %h/.config/deluge/deluge.pid

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

The temp solution for me is to search and kill every service I have on every login, and relunch deluged.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB