You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-13 11:59:49

ThiasTux

Spotify priority for media keys access

Hi all,
since the upgrade to Gnome 3.26, I've experienced a weird issue with Spotify and Evince. Whenever I open a pdf file with Evince, Spotify loses the priority for the media keys. It doesn't matter if Spotify is opened before or after the pdf, but when Evince is open I can control Spotify with the multimedia keys. It doesn't happen with the other media players on the system. Is there any way I can debug the behavior of the the gsd-media-keys daemon? Or, is there maybe a way to assign an higher priority to Spotify for the access the media keys event?

EDIT: the basic problem is actually that Spotify loses the race against any other application that access to the media keys. With evince is more annoying because it is not actually playing anything, so it just intercepts the media keys events. The question remain the same, as I'd like to the set an higher priority for Spotify to access the media keys bus. I'll try to explain it a bit better:

Current behavior:

1) Launch Spotify
2) Launch whatever other media player app (apparently even the evince pdf reader)
3) Media keys works only in the second application.
Or:
1) Launch any media application
2) Launch Spotify
3) The media keys still work only for the first application.

Expected behavior:
The media keys should control only the last application launched which is an actual media player.

Many thanks

Last edited by ThiasTux (2017-11-13 12:22:19)

Board footer