You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-15 08:34:00

yogainalift

Upgrading mariadb -> conflicting file errors but files do not exist?

Hi all,

I am an arch linux user (making this specific because previous post was deleted) Linux ArchPC 4.13.12-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 8 11:54:06 CET 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

There is no instructions anywhere on the internet on how to go and upgrade mariadb to version 10.2+ from version 10.1.28 which is the current version used.

There is only one forum post from a manjaro linux user who tried to do this. I won't post the link the link to that website on the fear of getting this post closed again.

This is what I have done to try and upgrade to version 10.2.8.

pushd $G_TMP >/dev/null
/usr/bin/yaourt -G mariadb
pushd mariadb >/dev/null

Then update the PKGBUILD with the following information
https://paste.pound-python.org/show/8sY … fdSeYzvh4/

Then:

updpkgsums
gpg --recv-key 0xCBCB082A1BB943DB
makepkg -Csric

Everything goes well building the package but when trying to install I get the following output:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/usr/bin/mariadb_config exists in both 'libmariadbclient' and 'mariadb'
/usr/lib/libmariadb.so exists in both 'libmariadbclient' and 'mariadb'
/usr/lib/libmariadb.so.3 exists in both 'libmariadbclient' and 'mariadb'
/usr/lib/mysql/plugin/auth_gssapi_client.so exists in both 'libmariadbclient' and 'mariadb'
/usr/lib/mysql/plugin/dialog.so exists in both 'libmariadbclient' and 'mariadb'
/usr/lib/mysql/plugin/mysql_clear_password.so exists in both 'libmariadbclient' and 'mariadb'
/usr/lib/mysql/plugin/sha256_password.so exists in both 'libmariadbclient' and 'mariadb'

I tried looking for these files but none of the exist:
running:

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/mysql/plugin/sha256_password.so 

gives me:

error: failed to read file '/usr/lib/mysql/plugin/sha256_password.so': No such file or directory 

Tried removing the installed mariadb package by pacman -R mariadb and then mariadb_clients but again I am getting the same conflicting files.

Tried to force the installation (makepkg -Csric -f) but still failed.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

#2 2017-11-15 08:40:00

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Upgrading mariadb -> conflicting file errors but files do not exist?

The error is clear enough. The file exists in both packages How did you install Arch?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2017-11-15 08:42:09

yogainalift

As I state explicitly in my initial topic, trying to search for the file results in file not found.

So clearly the file does not exist.

My installation of arch did not happen recently (7 months ago), but what information are you looking for specifically?

#4 2017-11-15 08:52:44

Scimmia
Fellow

Of course the file isn't found, it doesn't say the file exists in the filesystem. It says the file is in two packages you're trying to install. You need to do more modifications to the PKGBUILD to fix it.

Last edited by Scimmia (2017-11-15 08:54:21)

#5 2017-11-15 09:07:05

yogainalift

Thanks for the reply,

(conflicting files) I assumed filesystem but thanks for making that clear, I'll look into it and reply with the modifications in case anyone else wants to upgrade.

#6 2017-11-15 09:16:53

V1del
Forum Moderator

Arch devs aren't holding the package back for fun, it contains ABI/API breakage that might render dependant packages incompatible. https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/a … 44255.html so depending on what you intend to be using, this is something you have to be weary of.

Board footer