You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-20 17:44:43

kubax

[SOLVED] plymouth & mkinitcpio-systemd-tool passphrase doesn't work

Hi,

i got some problems.

I'm using a crypted lvm containing a btrfs filesystem ( i know, i could also only use btrfs, but i like lvm more for subvolumes), recently i tried enabling plymouth as my ne system is finaly UEFI compatible and i can use efifb.

Plymouth works fine, but my problem is with the plymouth & encryption task.

My HOOKS are the following: base systemd systemd-tools sd-plymouth autodetect keyboard sd-vconsole modconf block sd-encrypt sd-lvm2 filesystems fsck

root= removed from kernel boot line, and fstab (containing /sysroot) + crypttab is in initrd image.

Without Plymouth everything works fine. But with Plymouth my password input is realy boggus.

at first, bevor plymouth even launches it shows my "secret>" passphrase question from systemd. Then the plymouth kicks in and asks for the passphrase in the overlay.

But not all button presses seem to get to the plymouth-ask-password program. some seem to be redirectred to the systemd "secret>" program.
When pressing esc several times i drop back to normal tty, with the same efect and also sometime printing "secret>" onto the tty mid typing my password.

Does anybody have an ide how to disable the password prompt (which seems to come) from systemd and only show the plymouth ask-password prompt?

Last edited by kubax (2017-11-22 17:13:37)

#2 2017-11-22 13:14:26

kubax

Re: [SOLVED] plymouth & mkinitcpio-systemd-tool passphrase doesn't work

Fixed the problem myself.

Had to use plymouth-encrypt instead of sd-encrypt. Everything working fine now. ("secret>" is displayed bevor plymouth, but i can live with that)

The Wiki says i had to use sd-encrypt instead of encrypt or sd-encrypt... This seems to be wrong. (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pl … systemd.29)

EDIT:

I was totaly wrong. When i posted this, it worked exaclty one time, and i was so happy that i didn't questioned the result wink

BUT, i now realy solved it! it was because of the mkinitcpio-systemd-tool (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mkin … temd-tool/) i Installed to have the ability to wake up my machine via ethernet, and then decrypt my partitions using dropbear (ssh) which i totaly forgot to have it allready configured.

The Problem was the initrd-cryptsetup and initrd-shell systemd services from that. Disabling thos two (inside of the service files setting "InitrdService=enable" to disabled. NOT disable the systemd service) my problem was gone.

Seems like there was two concuring tries to get the keyboard input for the passphrase.

Last edited by kubax (2017-11-22 17:12:16)

Board footer