You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-29 10:04:37

effeeffe
Member
Registered: 2017-10-18
Posts: 15

[SOLVED] Second monitor not detected anymore

I have been using my dual-monitor setup until last night, since this morning my external monitor is not detected anymore, I cannot see it in "Display settings".
I cannot think of any relevant change I made to my system. Also, I think it always worked out of the box without any manual setup.

System:
- Laptop + external monitor
- AMD VGA
- Gnome (Wayland)

Things I tried:
- reboot
- rollback pacman updates
- reinstall xorg-server, gnome, wayland
- check if the monitor works on another computer (it does)

Multihead page on Wiki does not have a troubleshooting section, any suggestion on what to check?

EDIT: some update at some point solved the problem.

Last edited by effeeffe (2018-01-08 09:51:58)

Offline

#2 2017-11-29 14:08:10

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,079

Re: [SOLVED] Second monitor not detected anymore

I cannot think of any relevant change I made to my system.

But maybe your pacman log can?
Does the monitor show up on gnome on xorg?

Offline

#3 2017-11-29 16:55:44

effeeffe
Member
Registered: 2017-10-18
Posts: 15

Re: [SOLVED] Second monitor not detected anymore

seth wrote:

But maybe your pacman log can?
Does the monitor show up on gnome on xorg?

I tried to revert all the upgrades I have done in the last two days but nothing changed.
List of such packages: inxi, libuv, pipewire, python-setuptools, python2-setuptools, and from the AUR skypeforlinux-bin.
inxi looks possibly relevant, I tried both downgrading and reinstall but nothing changed.

The same happens when logging on Xorg.

Last edited by effeeffe (2017-11-29 16:56:08)

Offline

#4 2017-11-29 19:42:20

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,079

Re: [SOLVED] Second monitor not detected anymore

what's the output of "xrandr -q" when logging in on Xorg?
Also try the lts kernel (if it's not gnome, not the display server and not the hardware, it should be the kernel)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB