You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-29 15:28:19

salsadoom
Member
Registered: 2011-02-03
Posts: 32

x11 vnc module, can move mouse but not click or type

Hi,

So as the subject says, I'm using the (tigervnc) x11 vnc module to remotely access my desktop through and ssh tunnel. That part all works nicely, except when I get to the desktop I can only move the mouse pointer around, I cannot click on anything or input keyboard commands... there doesn't seem to be much up to date documentation on this. Anyone got this working?

EDIT1: There doesn't seem to be any errors in Xorg.0.log so the server thinks its working... I just see the vnc module loading fine, then nothing specifically about mouse or keyboard aside from hardware devices.

Last edited by salsadoom (2017-11-29 15:32:52)

Offline

#2 2017-11-29 18:44:36

Gusar
Member
Registered: 2009-08-25
Posts: 3,607

Re: x11 vnc module, can move mouse but not click or type

Works here, however I'm using tigervnc-git, not the release, so try that. But be aware that the PKGBUILD in AUR is outdated, you'll need to adjust it a bit - change the _xorgver variable at the top to 1.19.5 and change xserver118.patch to xserver119.patch, I think that should do it.

Offline

#3 2017-11-30 17:12:42

salsadoom
Member
Registered: 2011-02-03
Posts: 32

Re: x11 vnc module, can move mouse but not click or type

Gusar wrote:

Works here, however I'm using tigervnc-git, not the release, so try that. But be aware that the PKGBUILD in AUR is outdated, you'll need to adjust it a bit - change the _xorgver variable at the top to 1.19.5 and change xserver118.patch to xserver119.patch, I think that should do it.

Good suggestion. I gave it a shot, I also had to tweak libxfonts to libxfonts2. Same issue as before though, it could be related to Remmina perhaps?

I tested with tigervnc, it interacts with the desktop, sort of, but it doesn't display correctly. So there just seems to be something wrong with this function right now. ;(

Last edited by salsadoom (2017-11-30 17:30:11)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB