You are not logged in.
Trying this card Radeon Pro WX 9100 with the AMDGPU driver
The Xog.0.log looks like this https://goo.gl/iUkjUu
and can't get it running
Followed https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AMDGPU
Troubleshooted with
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=221844
https://forum.antergos.com/topic/8354/e … rg-conf/11
Kind of stuck
Offline
That card needs AMD DC code to display anything, the first stock kernel that includes that is 4.15 , currently in rc stage.
You could try linux-mainline or linux-4.13.y-dc from AUR.
Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.
clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky
Offline
May also need to modify the .config linux-mainline will generate if the following is not enough
CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DC=y
# CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DC_PRE_VEGA is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DC_FBC is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DC_DCN1_0 is not set
# CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL_DC is not setEdit:
Also external modules may well need minor patching for 4.15 due to the removal of the init_timer function.
Last edited by loqs (2017-11-30 18:49:04)
Offline
Trying the "linux-4.13.y-dc" just need this up with 4 monitors, or at least one until the cleanup happens and there is an official 4.1x to support it
Doing other type work, did not plan to crank on this subject this week, can jump back later on
Offline
Official support as in the final upstream release of 4.15 will probably be 6 to 8 weeks away. Official support for 4.15 in the core repository could take another 4 to 8 weeks.
As long as you have full backups and are aware of the risks using 4.15-rc3 (to allow two more weeks for fixing the more obvious issues) should give you the support you want.
Offline
I have this running more or less here is the log https://pastebin.com/raw/xH57tkri
Much better than before with the NVS810: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comm … _monitors/
I'm getting only the two monitors to show-up: Asus MG24U
The two Dell UP2715K are not picked up at 5k just half of that and only after I plug them after boot and login, if I boot with them plugged then for all 4 monitors the resolutions is 640 x 480... and can not be changed, the X crashes if I try.
I will try to fight my way through the monitors, what I need help with is why the GLX is not loaded as you can see from logs, and there is no Compiz because of that ..
This is what I have installed:
extra/glu
extra/mesa
extra/mesa-demos
extra/mesa-vdpau
extra/vulkan-radeon
multilib/lib32-glu
multilib/lib32-libtxc_dxtn
multilib/lib32-mesa
multilib/lib32-mesa-demos
multilib/lib32-mesa-vdpau
the `/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions` is empty but there was something when I had the nvidia drivers
Last edited by nic0lae (2017-12-04 07:07:18)
Offline
$ pacman -Fo /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so is owned by extra/xorg-server 1.19.5-1
$You may have removed a bit to much while removing the nvidia drivers, is xorg-server installed ?
Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.
clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky
Offline