You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-09 18:49:09

jwhendy

Open file dialog issue: enter followed by arrow opens wrong dir

I'm not sure which application is the culprit here. I think it's just the GTK open file dialog. Please see this gif for an example. In the demo, I'm in chromium and have done Ctrl+o to open a file. If I click "Open", no problem. I get another_dir. If I press enter, no problem.

For the last three navigations, I'm pressing enter followed by a down arrow in succession. I promise that enter is being pressed first. Yet it's opening dir_1 instead. It's almost like the command to open is sent and it's thinking "I'll open whatever is highlighted," but it lags and I'm able to switch what's highlighted by the time it runs.

This is somewhat of a fringe case, but when I'm flying around it happens frequently that I go to open one dir, and start pressing down in anticipation of where I need to go next, only to realize somehow I'm not in the folder I thought!

This isn't an arch thing, but I'd appreciate any assistance on where to direct this bug. Chromium? Some GTK sub-application? Running xwininfo just gets me this:

xwininfo: Window id: 0x120e068 "Open File"

Absolute upper-left X:  365
  Absolute upper-left Y:  202
  Relative upper-left X:  1
  Relative upper-left Y:  28
  Width: 1190
  Height: 691
  Depth: 24
  Visual: 0x2b
  Visual Class: TrueColor
  Border width: 0
  Class: InputOutput