You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-17 08:54:38

emmwee
Member
Registered: 2014-05-25
Posts: 6

Powerpoint slideshow in wine-3.0rc

My Microsoft Office 2010 works fine in wine-2.xx but after the update to the release candidates for wine-3.0 Word, Excel work fine. Powerpoint works fine for editing etc but when I switch to presentation mode (slideshow) it displays the first slide fine, but when I want to move to another slide I get "An error has occured" without more information.

Does anyone have faced the same issue and has any suggestions? Is this a known bug (I googled for it but did not come up with much)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Michael

Last edited by emmwee (2017-12-17 08:54:58)

Offline

#2 2018-01-09 17:24:21

Shocker
Member
From: Europe
Registered: 2013-08-22
Posts: 8

Re: Powerpoint slideshow in wine-3.0rc

Hello,

Yesterday I discovered the same issue with Slide Show mode (but in MS Office 2007) - error when you are trying to move to another slide. Unfortunately this bug is not related to Arch - because I also have this issue on Linux Mint 18.3 with wine 3.0 rc.
We need to go with this issue to Wine Developers and report it because I cannot find this (or something similar) issue on their bug tracker...

Regards,
Rob

Offline

#3 2018-01-11 12:07:34

emmwee
Member
Registered: 2014-05-25
Posts: 6

Re: Powerpoint slideshow in wine-3.0rc

Shocker wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday I discovered the same issue with Slide Show mode (but in MS Office 2007) - error when you are trying to move to another slide. Unfortunately this bug is not related to Arch - because I also have this issue on Linux Mint 18.3 with wine 3.0 rc.
We need to go with this issue to Wine Developers and report it because I cannot find this (or something similar) issue on their bug tracker...

Regards,
Rob

Thanks, I reported the bug to winehq and allegedly it has been fixed for the next version - I guess we'll find out soon!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB