You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-17 07:49:03

romanarch
Member
Registered: 2017-05-16
Posts: 2

[SOLVED] Number of threads for pacman update

Hello

I hope this is the right place to ask; if not, my apologies. There are times when updating kernel, or other system libs, or the video driver, that there is some "mkinitcpio" (and, possibly, other stuff) which builds modules, and it seems it only uses one core. Since I'd like to avoid discriminating the others, how and where should I bring a change (if possible)?

For example, when building a package, there is an "/etc/makepkg.conf" where I can specify "-j8", and it does the job (so to speak). There is also an "/etc/mkinitcpio.conf" but I don't see a relevant line, "-j" or otherwise -- but then I am not a guru. So I am asking you: how can I change the number of threads to use when using "pacman -Suy"?

Anticipated thanks,
Vlad

Last edited by romanarch (2017-12-17 09:08:34)

Offline

#2 2017-12-17 08:14:43

Allan
Pacman
From: Brisbane, AU
Registered: 2007-06-09
Posts: 11,672
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Number of threads for pacman update

Not currently possible.

Offline

#3 2017-12-17 08:18:56

romanarch
Member
Registered: 2017-05-16
Posts: 2

Re: [SOLVED] Number of threads for pacman update

> Not currently possible.

I was afraid of that. Thank you for clarification, then. How can this be marked as solved?

Offline

#4 2017-12-17 08:47:35

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,399

Re: [SOLVED] Number of threads for pacman update

Edit the title of your first post and add [SOLVED]

Offline

#5 2017-12-17 16:47:17

eschwartz
Fellow
Registered: 2014-08-08
Posts: 4,097

Re: [SOLVED] Number of threads for pacman update

It is "possible", it just isn't "implemented. tongue

See for example this feature request: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/56557
agregory is working on this.


Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB