You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-18 23:53:15

strugart
Member
From: argentina
Registered: 2013-10-03
Posts: 10
Website

[RESOLVED] systemd hang on boot after btrfs failed mount

Hi. I follow the closed announcement of system administration that indicated that a generic systemd issue goes here. but if I made a mistake, please move the post to where is more appropriate.

I was installing my new arch system and playing with btrfs in a new internal disk (this does not have neither the root or boot partition, is a data partition). I made a mistake with fstab and now systemd hangs. I tried to get to the emergency and maintenance mode, but i can never input the root password to edit fstab or get to the cli. so I looked for a kernel parameter that I can input in grub so that systemd wont boot the partition. But alas, after googling it and searching the forums I did not find much (maybe I am tired and my queries could be better).

Any pointers, links or solutions?

Thanks!

Last edited by strugart (2017-12-19 01:51:39)

Offline

#2 2017-12-18 23:56:29

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: [RESOLVED] systemd hang on boot after btrfs failed mount


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2017-12-19 00:04:25

strugart
Member
From: argentina
Registered: 2013-10-03
Posts: 10
Website

Re: [RESOLVED] systemd hang on boot after btrfs failed mount

Maybe I understand a simple link wrong, but no command in the link allows me to bypass systemd automounting a partition. Any more info?

EDIT: (yes i did check the complete list of kernel parameters, so not dont give a link to those next)

Last edited by strugart (2017-12-19 00:05:29)

Offline

#4 2017-12-19 00:26:18

circleface
Member
Registered: 2012-05-26
Posts: 639

Re: [RESOLVED] systemd hang on boot after btrfs failed mount

init=/bin/bash?  That will drop you to a root bash session where you should be able to edit the files you need.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB