You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-19 15:23:58

nickik

Trying to run ZFS and running into dependency issues

Hi all.

I'm trying to play around with ZFS and I hope to eventually maybe use it for root, but first I wanted to try on external drives.

My issue is the following:

I'm trying to instal 'zfs-dkms-0.7.3-1' but eventually I run into issues whatever I try.

First of all, 'dh-autoreconf-13-1' is out of date, but that seem easy to fix with a version upgrade (15-1). So this is not a big issue. I just wanted to include it for completeness.

Second, I run into a circular dependency. When I build 'dpkg-1.18.24-3' I get 'line 34: autoreconf: command not found'.

But when I try to install 'dh-autoreconf-15-1'  I need  'debhelper-10.7.2-1' and that in turn I need 'error: target not found: dpkg>=1.16.2'.

I am not very experience with these sort of management and I would prefer not trying to use some hack I did.

Maybe somebody can provide some guidance on what my best path forward is?

Thank you very much

#2 2017-12-19 15:27:15

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Trying to run ZFS and running into dependency issues

dpkg should not need dh-autoreconf, but it does need autoreconf which is provided by autoconf in base-devel.  Do you have the base-devel group installed?  You should if you're building from the AUR.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer