You are not logged in.
I'm running a docker container which has an openvpn connection active.
I would like to get the ip number of the vpn connection to display in conky, but am having some troubles.
I made a small script to execute the code that displays the external ip:
#!/bin/bash
ip="$(docker exec -i -t ovpncontainer curl ipinfo.io/ip)"
echo $ipThis works perfectly in my terminal, and conky is run as the same user that I use the terminal with, so I guess that should be fine.
However, when I put this into conky with the line below, nothing shows up
${exec sh ~/.conky/getdockerip.sh}I also tried putting the command directly into conky, but still nothing displays
${exec docker exec -i -t ovpncontainer curl ipinfo.io/ip}Anyone know if there is some restriction that prevents conky from displaying the ip number?
There is a tiny delay while curl gets the info from the url, but that's less than half a second.
I'm really surprised by this behavior since I have many other commands and scripts that similarly output text to the terminal, and they all work in conky.
Last edited by 7thSon (2017-12-23 10:07:35)
Offline