You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-23 21:43:59

archelvetic
Member
Registered: 2017-10-26
Posts: 45

[SOLVED] No vowels öäü in I3wm after system update

Hi

I've updated my system using 'sudo pacman -Syyu'. Now using I3wm I can't type vowels öüä using vim and urxvt.

I have this line in .config/i3/config for my swissgerman keyboard (lenovo thinkpad)

exec setxkbmap ch de_nodeadkeys

No problem after exiting I3wm and starting vim in terminal

What would you recommend as solution?

Last edited by archelvetic (2017-12-24 12:27:14)

Offline

#2 2017-12-24 10:43:08

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,083

Re: [SOLVED] No vowels öäü in I3wm after system update

setxkbmap -print -query

and check your xorg log and test the input in xev.
You could also bring up to speed all non-swiss fellows and elaborate on your "swissgerman" keyboard (notably whether it has direct keys for umlauts or you need to use Fn keys or 3rd level shifts etcetc.)
From the xkb layout it seems you've direct keys for üöä but no upcase variants like ÜÖÄ ?

Offline

#3 2017-12-24 12:30:58

archelvetic
Member
Registered: 2017-10-26
Posts: 45

Re: [SOLVED] No vowels öäü in I3wm after system update

Hi seth

The problem's solved, alas I can't say why.

Merry christmas and thank you for taking  your time

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB