You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-26 13:38:54

_pheinrich_
Member
Registered: 2014-05-26
Posts: 53

Pulseaudio as non gui user

Hi,

I have a setup with snapcast. Now I want my desktop computer running arch linux (kde) to be a snapclient too.

My snapclient service should run as snapclient user.

One idea was to run pulseaudio system wide. However this brings a bunch of problems since kde wants to start its own pulseaudio deamon.

Now my problem is that no pulseaudio is running for this user. Running `pulseaudio` as snapclient user fails with

[snapclient@ARCH ~]$ pulseaudio
W: [pulseaudio] server-lookup.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: /usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally with the following error: No protocol specified
W: [pulseaudio] server-lookup.c: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.
W: [pulseaudio] main.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: /usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally with the following error: No protocol specified
W: [pulseaudio] main.c: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

I don't know if it is possible to run pulseaudio in a non gui/dbus environment?

Last edited by _pheinrich_ (2017-12-26 13:39:24)

Offline

#2 2017-12-26 14:24:53

_pheinrich_
Member
Registered: 2014-05-26
Posts: 53

Re: Pulseaudio as non gui user

I have found a solution for me here

Just create this in your default.pa

load-module module-native-protocol-unix auth-anonymous=1 socket=/tmp/my-pulse-socket-name

And in the user specific client.conf

default-server = unix:/tmp/my-pulse-socket-name

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB