You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-05 12:51:29

Galdona

gmplayer and libdirectfb

i cant start mplayer, and im suddenly getting this in terminal:

gmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libdirectfb-0.9.so.24: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

i dont remember doing anything unusual.. just an -Syu I think...

(on a diffirent issue, my openntpd daemon wouldnt start, saying couldnt find lib<something> ( i forget the name), i had to create a symbolic link to the newer version of the file. maybe something is screwed with updates? or i did something..)

edit: where is libdirectfb to be found?

#2 2006-07-05 15:34:22

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: gmplayer and libdirectfb

Are you sure you have the official mplayer package installed? You would only get that error if the mplayer build on your machine was compiled on a machine with directfb installed. Reinstall it to make sure you have the right one.

directfb is in the AUR, BTW.

#3 2006-07-05 16:20:42

Galdona

ha, yes, i tried the mplayer-svn in dibble's repo, to see if its gtk2 enabled. but that is weird because it worked for a short while.

tomk, you may remember me, im the idiot who couldnt get your mplayer-svn pkgbuild in the aur to use gtk2. I didnt change ANYTHING in the pkgbuild, simply ran versionpkg. until today, gmplayer was using gtk1. honest to goodness, i dont know why for the longest time it wasnt using gtk2. have you no idea at all..?

but OMG, i have just finished compiling your mplayer pkgbuild (with versionpkg) and it's now in gtk2. (btw the blue skin theme is now at 1.6, you should update the pkgbuild in aur). thanks!

#4 2006-07-05 16:24:45

Galdona

um, hey, i thought it would use the more efficient gtk2 dialog box for finding and opening files, but it doesnt. it seems to be a purely cosmetic change. bah. that was the major reason i wanted gtk2.

#5 2006-07-05 20:40:53

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Galdona wrote:

(on a diffirent issue, my openntpd daemon wouldnt start, saying couldnt find lib<something> ( i forget the name), i had to create a symbolic link to the newer version of the file. maybe something is screwed with updates? or i did something..)

Install  openntpd 3.9p1-2.   It should work now without the symlink.  Remove the symlink. BTW, you shouldn't use symlinks to fix these kinds of errors.

#6 2006-07-05 21:02:23

Galdona

oh ok. ive encountered many threads involving the use of symlinks to fix such errors (such as those involving web browser plugins) so i thought it was ok (and it worked this time..)

Board footer