You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-01 12:03:26

Linschn
Member
Registered: 2009-03-27
Posts: 4

Chromium does not honor the --force-device-scale-factor anymore

Hi (and happy new year) !

I'm using Chromium 63.0.3239.108, and since I upgraded a few days ago, the --force-device-scale-factor option is not honored anymore. Chromium is basically unusable on my HiDPI screen. There is no error message. I have no idea what version I was running before I ran pacman -Syu which upgraded Chromium.

It worked fine before.

I've looked online, but all sources talk about the --force-device-scale-factor, which is of no help.

Any idea how I could go about troubleshooting this issue ?

Offline

#2 2018-01-01 13:11:12

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,525
Website

Re: Chromium does not honor the --force-device-scale-factor anymore

Linschn wrote:

I have no idea what version I was running before I ran pacman

Your pacman log would tell you that.

I don't use chromium but every reference I can find to that flag is ancient.  I was looking for change logs to see if/when it was removed, but nothing yet.

Do you have any documentation saying it should be honored? (edit: nevermind, it seems it is listed even in our wiki)

Last edited by Trilby (2018-01-01 13:12:16)


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

#3 2018-01-01 18:59:55

Linschn
Member
Registered: 2009-03-27
Posts: 4

Re: Chromium does not honor the --force-device-scale-factor anymore

Thank you for your reply smile

The update was from 63.0.3239.84-1 -> 63.0.3239.108-2.

I removed it and reinstalled it. It solved the issue. I have absolutely no idea where the problem was.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB