You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-02 02:18:08

apastuszak
Member
From: Besalem, PA USA
Registered: 2014-10-18
Posts: 168
Website

Issues with automatic screen lock

I have my laptop set to auto-lock the screen after 5 minutes.  More often than not, when I I hit the esc key after the screen auto-locks, I am not prompted for a password.  I'm just presented with my desktop.  Screen auto lock is enabled and set to 5 minutes in Gnome Settings.  and Super+L locks the screen and always requires a password.

Anyone else seeing similar behavior.

Offline

#2 2018-01-02 09:36:25

ooo
Member
Registered: 2013-04-10
Posts: 1,638

Re: Issues with automatic screen lock

The option is "Lock screen when blank for n minutes", so your screen should lock only after it's been blanked for 5 minutes, not after 5 minutes of inactivity.

How about if you set the screen to auto-lock instantly when screen turns off?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB