You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-19 21:39:02

PeteN

RT Systems USB-62C ftdi lead problems

Hi all ..

i am not a code guru at all but am haveing problems getting my RT Systems  USB 62C lead working  .

I have been looking at ftdi_sio.c and ftdi_sio_ids.h  i can see no Mention of the above cable this makes me think it may be the problem am i right  and if not why will this lead not load the driver when plugged in and when loaded by hand does not create the /dev/ttyUSB0 device it is supposed to

Thanks pete

#2 2017-12-20 03:12:40

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: RT Systems USB-62C ftdi lead problems

Welcome to the forums.  Before we try to comment on the speculations, can we collect some relevant information.

What does dmesg report when the cable is connected? (`dmesg -w` then plug it in, and watch for new messages).

What kernel version are you running and is it the same as the one installed? (do `pacman -Qi linux` and `uname -a` report the same version number).

Also, have you checked for other newly created device nodes (e.g., diff the results of `ls /dev/` before and after plugging it in).  I've not used the 62C, but frequently FTDI decivices will show up as something other than ttyUSB{N} regardless of what may be documented.

Last edited by Trilby (2017-12-20 03:20:54)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2017-12-20 19:39:14

PeteN

Hi Trilby

right  then   the only line that appeares in dmesg is
[  503.642582] usb 4-3: new full-speed USB device number 3 using ohci-pci
Version         : 4.14.6-1
4.14.6-1
only one version installed  updated by "packman -Syu" every day

Yep checked /dev/ for new devices
none created tried all the suggestions of udev rules nothing  if i plug in the cable from my Wouxun handhels it is found and the device created no problem  as does my usb to serial converter  .

This is whay i am almost certain it is the lack of a define for the USB-62C cable that is causing the problem i dont not have acess to an A or B cable to test but feel fairly safe in thinking it would work faultlessly   i can try any other suggestions of course  i have downloaded the kernel source but it is so long since i built a kernel it is a black art to me now  ....so did not get anywhere with that one ..

Pete ...

#4 2018-01-06 20:35:05

PeteN

Right  .

I have  tried lots of stuff and other cables they all work as expected apart from this dang USB-62C cable i have blagged and tried the  62B version that works  as well seems it is the cable so that is one to consign to fleabay for what i paid for it ..

CHeers all Pete .

Board footer