You are not logged in.
I have a headless server and wish to install Veracrypt. It does seem to want to pull in a substantial amount of X libraries. Is there anyway to avoid this? E.g. like the emacs-nox package. Under Gentoo I have been compiling veracrypt with the -X USE flag so it is certainly possible to compile without GUI.
Last edited by JanErik (2018-01-08 20:38:13)
Offline
https://github.com/veracrypt/VeraCrypt/issues/221
Look at tcplay instead.
Offline
Welcome to the forums JanErik ![]()
You can build a version without a GUI by adding NOGUI=1 to the relevant make sections of the PKGBUILD.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System
https://www.veracrypt.fr/code/VeraCrypt/tree/README.md
The above is made redundant by jasonwryan's post.
Last edited by Slithery (2018-01-08 20:43:34)
Offline
If you are set on veracrypt, It might be possible to compile a minimal wxwidgets version that provides no GUI features or only a directfb gui.
https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/ … /docs/base
https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/ … nstall.txt
| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' | alias ENGLISH='LANG=C.UTF-8 ' |
Offline
My volumes are old TrueCrypt though and I see Cryptsetup nowadays supports them so I might go with that for now.
Offline
Depending on what exactly in veracrypt you use, you can possibly work without it. For example, veracrypt defaults on cryptsetup, so you can use it directly.
P.S. In fact this is how I dropped veracrypt in favor of cryptsetup: after some update it stopped working...
Last edited by mxfm (2018-01-11 19:11:09)
Offline