You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-09 11:53:55

boogiewoogie
Member
Registered: 2017-03-30
Posts: 11

Global Hotkeys in Gnome

Hey everyone,

I've switched from KDE to Gnome today and I'm trying to get Guake (dropdown Terminal) do the same yakuake did:

Open globally, whatever window is active, when pressing F1.

In KDE this worked out of the box as the hotkey I've set in yakuake worked everywhere. (Tried yakuake in Gnome btw - same problem)
Now in Gnome when a Nautilus window is active, it starts its help function.

How can I get F1 to open Guake with Nautilus?

I wasn't able to find any way to configure or disable Nautilus' own hotkeys (since the accel file doesn't exist anymore), so couldn't try that.

Hope someone knows their way around this.

greetings,
boogie

Edit:
Seems like this is actually a Wayland-related problem, as seen here: https://github.com/Guake/guake/issues/492 .

What solved it for me (kinda workaround tho) was this:

Go to the Gnome Applications Menu, type in "Keyboard", and click on the "Keyboard" Settings shortcut.
This will open a list with the default Global Keyboard Shortcuts.
Scroll all the way down, click the "+" and add Guake:
Name: Guake
Command: guake -t
Shortcut: F9 (in my case)

Do a reboot, just to be sure, because it didn't initially register for me.

greetings

Last edited by boogiewoogie (2018-01-09 12:42:52)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB