You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-11 13:16:04

Shibumi
Package Maintainer (PM)
Registered: 2013-04-14
Posts: 41
Website

cryptsetup + systemd-boot + USB keyboard: USB keyboard is unknown

Heyho,
I have a workstation on my desk. I mostly use it as a server. Therefore there is no USB keyboard attached.
The harddrives are encrypted and I use systemd-boot + systemd hooks to boot the server. When I do this I need to type in the password for the drives.

The Problem is:

When I've upgraded my system via SSH (so no USB keyboard is attached to my server) and it reboots I will not be able to type in my password because the initramfs doesn't recognize my USB keyboard that I plugged in for the reboot.
Is there a way to register my USB-Keyboard on the initramfs? Currently I need to boot the Live-ISO, decrypt the drives, mount the drives, chroot into my drives and rebuild everything with `mkinitcpio -p linux` (with plugged in USB keyboard) to solve that issue.

The hooks for the system looks like this:

HOOKS="base systemd autodetect modconf block keyboard sd-vconsole sd-encrypt filesystems fsck"

Last edited by Shibumi (2018-01-11 13:16:25)

Offline

#2 2018-01-11 13:51:24

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: cryptsetup + systemd-boot + USB keyboard: USB keyboard is unknown

Have you tried adding the relevant keyboard driver to the MODULES line so that it is always added to the initramfs, no matter whether the keyboard is connected or not?


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#3 2018-01-11 16:50:27

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,089

Re: cryptsetup + systemd-boot + USB keyboard: USB keyboard is unknown

Have you tried the fallback initrd when the normal one fails?  If that works try moving the keyboard hook before the autodetect hook.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB