You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-09 15:05:47

salinia0511
Member
Registered: 2018-01-09
Posts: 7

[SOLVED]Cannot find wi-fi icon on Deepin Desktop

Hello. I recently installed arch linux on my laptop and as I am a beginner, I installed Deepin desktop enviroment. Before I install Deepin, I used wifi-menu to connect to wi-fi. After Deepin installation, I cannot find wi-fi icon in Deepin dock for connecting to wi-fi though I still can connect to wi-fi using wifi-menu. How should I bring wi-fi icon to Deepin dock for ease of usage?

Last edited by salinia0511 (2018-01-12 18:46:07)

Offline

#2 2018-01-09 15:11:57

sleepyoh
Member
Registered: 2016-11-05
Posts: 15

Re: [SOLVED]Cannot find wi-fi icon on Deepin Desktop

So, you're application exists in the menu? I would guess it's as easy as right clicking on the icon and then you probably would have an option like 'pin to dock' or something similar?

Offline

#3 2018-01-09 18:31:41

salinia0511
Member
Registered: 2018-01-09
Posts: 7

Re: [SOLVED]Cannot find wi-fi icon on Deepin Desktop

I think I said my problem in a bad way. I used Deepin linux and as you can see in screenshot (image link: http://software.gamblisfx.com/wp-conten … shot-3.png ) there is a blue wifi icon which is used for connecting to wi-fi. After installing arch linux, I installed Deepin desktop on arch but that blue wifi icon is not available and I have to enter terminal every time and use wifi-menu command to connect to wifi. I saw a post somewhere the reason is wifi adapter is not recognized but I am already connected to wifi. It is much more easier to use that blue wifi icon rather than using terminal everytime. I am a beginner to linux world and I don't know how to fix this problem and bring the blue icon back to dock.

Offline

#4 2018-01-09 19:19:49

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: [SOLVED]Cannot find wi-fi icon on Deepin Desktop

Did you read the Deepin wiki page?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Deepin

Last edited by Slithery (2018-01-09 19:33:57)


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#5 2018-01-12 18:45:37

salinia0511
Member
Registered: 2018-01-09
Posts: 7

Re: [SOLVED]Cannot find wi-fi icon on Deepin Desktop

Yes, but I didn't see all of it. Sorry. It is now fixed. Thank you.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB