You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-13 14:04:05

hrkristian

[SOLVED]No keyboard, touchpad, or other input devices working

Following an update yesterday mkinitcpio ran into some issues where it couldn't access certain folders it was supposed to have access to. Before I was able to fix this I managed to lose power, meaning a boot was out of the question.
This wasn't a problem however as I chrooted in from a live cd, fixed the file issues and reran mkinitcpio.

Now the laptop boots, but I am unable to use the keyboard, touchpad, or any other kind of input device while on the GDM screen.

Normally I'd look into the Xorg logs, but I am unable to find them or any sort of article on where they are. Apparently GDM reroutes it to the systemd journal, running journalctl /usr/bin/Xorg however gives me an empty log. I am unable to find any mention of Xorg events in the journal in general.

Now when I saw keyboard doesn't work I mean completely. I cannot get into a console with ctrl+alt+fN.   
I can however get into the repair console by passing the 'single' parameter at boot. Keyboard works fine there. I have assumed this means it's not a kernel issue as the kernelis loaded in order to enter this mode.

What I'm really looking for is a pointer to where I'm even supposed to start.

Edit: Worth mentioning I've attempted to roll back recently updated packages which may have been responsible, with the same result.

Thanks,
Kristian

Edit 2:
I uninstalled all packages I figured might be responsible, and reinstalled them. It's working now. Essentially a dirty reinstall...

Last edited by hrkristian (2018-01-13 15:44:28)

Board footer