You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-16 14:15:20

ryzion
Member
Registered: 2012-03-20
Posts: 95

Terminal multiplexer for differently sized windows

I'm using tmux as my terminal multiplexer. Is there an alternative that handles multiple synced windows of different sizes?

My Usecase:

I'm developing in vscode. I use the small embedded terminal to issue commands and want to read the output on a second, bigger screen. Attaching a tmux session won't work because the attached session window is as small as the original.

Last edited by ryzion (2018-01-16 14:16:09)

Offline

#2 2018-01-16 16:22:06

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,525
Website

Re: Terminal multiplexer for differently sized windows

A simple solution would be to not try to get a multiplexer to do this, but just use a fifo and tee and tail: run tail -f on the fifo in the large viewing window and just append append "| tee -a /path/to/fifo" to the commands in your embedded terminal.


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB