You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-17 06:13:21

quequotion
Website

[never mind] Lightdm segfaults, problem with accountsservice?

Lately I can't get lightdm to run. It segfaults shortly after launch, leaving tty7 blank.

Edit: I should say this started on a reboot after downgrading from beta nvidia drivers to stable ones, but I don't believe the drivers were the problem--the drivers were loaded by initramfs. Something seems to have been wrong between lightdm and accountsservice, but the problem went away mysteriously after cycling through the three versions of lightdm and back.

In the log, everything seems to go alright up to:

Loading users from org.freedesktop.Accounts

for extra/lightdm and aur/lightdm-bzr, the next line is:

User /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000 added

for aur/lightdm-git it's:

WARNING: Error updating user /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: No such interface 'org.freedesktop.DisplayManager.AccountsService'

for all three versions of the package, the next line is:

Process [pid of /usr/bin/X started by lightdm] exited with return value 1

accountsservice is installed and accounts-daemon.service's status is "active (running)"  with no errors or warnings.  I have not configured for autologin.

EDIT: xorg log shows failure to load Nvidia, but that is nonsensical. Don't have time to debug it right now.

Edit again: As expected, nonsense (the nvidia driver was, in fact, loaded).  Fortunately extra/lightdm seems to have gotten over whatever was bothering it.

Last edited by quequotion (2018-01-17 11:42:55)

Board footer