You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-21 14:30:59

CharlesG

CIFS download performance problem under nautilus/nemo only

Hi Arch users,

I'm having an issue and, while probably not strictly Arch related, I would appreciate some insight. I have a CIFS mount that is extremely slow (like "never completes" slow), but this is only the case when downloading files from a file manager (tested nautilus and nemo, copy/paste and dnd).

Here are my observations:

• The upload (writing to the mount) speed from nautilus is perfectly fine

• If I use gvfs to mount the same directory, the download speed is perfectly fine

• If I use the the cp command to download the files, it is perfectly fine

• If I cancel the download in nautilus, I will keep receiving nautilus notifications saying that I have "active file operation". To really end it, I have to kill the nautilus process

When I try a download from the mount, here is what I see in Nautilus (23 ~5kb files):

in nautilus

Here is my fstab mount:

//10.0.0.5/documents /mnt/documents   cifs   noauto,x-systemd.automount,uid=cgagnon,credentials=/home/cgagnon/Private/.cifscreds 0 0

I am on kernel 4.14.13-1 and using gnome 3.26.2, but the same problem occurs on another machine with Cinnamon (Arch also).

Any ideas?

Last edited by CharlesG (2018-01-21 15:41:44)

#2 2018-02-19 13:36:35

storrgie

Re: CIFS download performance problem under nautilus/nemo only

I also reported this here. It looks like we're seeing the same problem... I've seen this on several absolutely fresh (days ago) installs.

Board footer