You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-30 17:13:45

jpjenkins
Member
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 104

Connecting iPhone app 'hipporemote' to VNC

I have installed x11vnc, created a password, whitelisted the default port for the app.

When I start x11vnc with the password it ends with 'vnc desktop is ***' and the port that I can connect with.

However, hipporemote won't connect.

I have to put in:
Name
Address
Password
Port

It doesn't look like anything can really go wrong but it's just refusing to start. Can someone give me any insights?

Offline

#2 2018-01-30 17:49:10

headkase
Member
Registered: 2011-12-06
Posts: 1,993

Re: Connecting iPhone app 'hipporemote' to VNC

If you are on the same LAN for the remote and host system then it should just work.  However, if your connection is going through any kind of router then you'll need to configure a port-forward on the router for the machine behind it.

Offline

#3 2018-01-30 18:09:57

jpjenkins
Member
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 104

Re: Connecting iPhone app 'hipporemote' to VNC

Ah, the router. Thanks.

Offline

#4 2018-01-30 18:14:42

headkase
Member
Registered: 2011-12-06
Posts: 1,993

Re: Connecting iPhone app 'hipporemote' to VNC

jpjenkins wrote:

Ah, the router. Thanks.

Right on, you're welcome.  Also if you are going to pass through the router from an external address and the router is using DHCP for the machines behind it then you'll want to set up a DHCP reservation for the machine behind the router so it always gets the same IP address.  As usually when you set a port-forward that is done by the address.  So the reservation always gives the machine behind the router the same address so the port-forward is always correct.

Offline

#5 2018-01-30 18:20:13

jpjenkins
Member
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 104

Re: Connecting iPhone app 'hipporemote' to VNC

I tried it with a more common port 8080. It still won't connect.

I tried accessing the vnc through the browser and it at least acknowledges that something is happening despite this error:
webSocketsHandshake: incomplete client handshake

But hipporemote doesn't seem to be doing anything, though. I'm don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB