You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-17 20:37:32

melandrien

Gnome 3 resolution resets

Hi,

First, I tried to look for the problem here on forum, even googling it, without results. Please point me in right direction if it's already answered - I may be searching wrong, having trouble finding the right key words.

I'm running Arch on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop, with Gnome 3 on Wayland. It has a hi-dpi display with resolution 3200x1800. Because hi-dpi is still not supported by many applications, because I feel GUI  is not as "fluid" compared to lower resolution, and because for everyday use lower resolution 1920x1080 is perfectly good, I prefer to use that.

My problem is that everytime I close the lid, resolution resets to 3200x1800, I have to manually change it back. Doesn't matter if I disable sleep mode on lid close, makes no difference. Also using X makes no difference.

No idea where to start looking. Can anyone help?

Thanks

#2 2017-04-17 21:04:43

melandrien

Re: Gnome 3 resolution resets

Update - just tried turning off the screen via keyboard shortcut (Fn key), same thing.

So it's not actually connected to lid close, but screen turning off. Guess the same thing happens when I close the lid.

Any ideas?

#3 2018-02-08 05:52:09

powerpoint45

Re: Gnome 3 resolution resets

Although this is not as relevant today due to better resolution configuration methods, sometimes this could still happen if you have your resolution set up a specific way. I found a workaround on a different thread:

change IgnoreLid=false to IgnoreLid=true in this file: /etc/UPower/UPower.conf Now the screen turns off by closing the lid, and turns back on by opening the lid without changing display resolution!

Developer of Lucid Launcher for Android

Board footer