You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-12 06:18:16

fettouhi

Autologin of Skype on KDE Plasma 5

I am using KDE Plasma 5 and Skype doesn't seem to be able to remember my login credentials. I have installed gnome-keyring but still it keeps asking to relogin. Do I need to make an additional script or something. On Solus OS with the Bugie desktop it works fine.

Last edited by fettouhi (2018-02-12 06:18:38)

#2 2018-02-12 07:25:47

bulletmark

Re: Autologin of Skype on KDE Plasma 5

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GN … atic_login

Rather sad that skype seems to require gnome-keyring regardless of what desktop you are actually using sad

#3 2018-02-12 09:09:01

fettouhi

bulletmark wrote:

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GN … atic_login

Rather sad that skype seems to require gnome-keyring regardless of what desktop you are actually using sad

Since I am using SDDM as my login manager the entries for PAM are already there. So I can't see what else I need to do?

#4 2022-10-25 09:19:49

fettouhi

I know that this is not usually allowed to revive old posts but I am still having those with Skype and KDE. I have noticed that when Skype asks for me to relogin it can see that that gnome-keyring has generated a coredump file in /var/lib/systemd/coredump/.

Last edited by fettouhi (2022-10-25 09:20:03)

#5 2022-10-25 14:40:03

ewaller
Administrator

fettouhi wrote:

I know that this is not usually allowed to revive old posts but I am still having those with Skype and KDE.

Usually because the original poster is no longer interested in the problem having solved it our moved on -- or because of things being overcome by events as the code base moves on.   As this is your thread and you are clearly still working the issue, carry on...

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#6 2022-10-25 17:10:03

fettouhi

ewaller wrote:
fettouhi wrote:

I know that this is not usually allowed to revive old posts but I am still having those with Skype and KDE.

Usually because the original poster is no longer interested in the problem having solved it our moved on -- or because of things being overcome by events as the code base moves on.   As this is your thread and you are clearly still working the issue, carry on...

Thank you for not removing it. You wouldn't happen to know how to read the coredump zst files that are generated from this problem?

#7 2022-10-25 20:19:57

V1del
Forum Moderator

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Core_d … _core_dump

Are you autologin SDDM as well? If you do there's no PW to pass, if you do not this should in theory work. Also maybe get rid of gnome-keyring, skype (..now...) should be using libsecret, which kwallet should provide as well. Do you also have an appropriately set up kwallet?

Last edited by V1del (2022-10-25 20:23:37)

#8 2022-10-26 04:21:34

fettouhi

V1del wrote:

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Core_d … _core_dump

Are you autologin SDDM as well? If you do there's no PW to pass, if you do not this should in theory work. Also maybe get rid of gnome-keyring, skype (..now...) should be using libsecret, which kwallet should provide as well. Do you also have an appropriately set up kwallet?

No, I don't use autologin with SDDM. The strange thing with the coredump is that it doesn't happen every time I launch Skype. Some times it launches fine and doesn't ask for a password. Other times the hangs, like it is trying to log in but I never get a password prompt. Then I have to kill Skype and relaunch it and then it asks for a password.

Board footer