You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-16 08:26:30

nishantvarma

Laptop is not suspending, it just reboots

I am having some problem with suspend. But I can't say for sure what is the problem. When I close the lid and then press the Power button, the system reboots. However if I do Lid Open couple of times after suspend, it seems to load. I will post it further details on this.

Last edited by nishantvarma (2018-02-16 10:43:15)

#2 2018-02-16 10:28:59

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: Laptop is not suspending, it just reboots

Please use code tags when posting code or the output of commands https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … s_and_code

You should also post the full output of dmesg, what you have posted seems to have been cherry picked and does not help to figure out the problem.

What have you done to try to figure out which change has caused the problem? Was it a kernel update or was it due to any other package? You have to try to figure it out by yourself, you are the one with access to the machine that doesn't work. Then you have to tell us what you've done to try to figure it out or fix it and provide as much useful information as possible.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#3 2018-02-16 11:05:40

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: Laptop is not suspending, it just reboots

You have used the report button, I assume that's not what you wanted to do. I'll leave your report text here:

nishantvarma wrote:

Sorry Rookie. I will do that. For now, since I am at work, I need some time to investigate what is happening and put the details.

You can take your time. I understand that you might have some urgency in getting the problem fixed, but you need to do your own investigation into the problem and provide as much useful information as possible.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

Board footer