You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-17 14:20:33

donbex

[SOLVED] Makepkg hangs during build after installing dependencies.

I'm trying to install the gstreamer0.10 AUR package. There are a couple of missing dependencies on my system, namely python-beaker, python-mako, and gobject-introspection, so I ran makepkg -s to install them and build the package. When I do this, the build reliably hangs (with 100% usage of one CPU core) while running configure, right after

[...]
checking for gcc... gcc

and before

checking whether the C compiler works... yes

On the other hand, running makepkg again when the dependencies have already been installed works as expected. I tried to debug this using strace -f, but pacman throws a sudo-related error and exits.

The only similar issue I could find searching the internet was this one (and related posts elsewhere by the same user), but the cause and point of hang are different.

Furthermore, the same issue occurs when trying to install llpp, which is written in OCaml. Since it's compilation doesn't rely on gcc nor (auto)make, I'm pretty confident this is an issue with makepkg.

Last edited by donbex (2018-02-18 15:04:42)

#2 2018-02-18 03:08:21

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Makepkg hangs during build after installing dependencies.

Do you have hardening-wrapper installed? Note that it was always kind of broken and was finally removed from the repos sometime around last July IIRC.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#3 2018-02-18 15:03:58

donbex

Re: [SOLVED] Makepkg hangs during build after installing dependencies.

Eschwartz wrote:

Do you have hardening-wrapper installed? Note that it was always kind of broken and was finally removed from the repos sometime around last July IIRC.

I did. Now I removed it and the issue seems resolved, thank you!

Board footer