You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-18 22:27:49

cuarti

[SOLVED] Audio not working on Asus P5K-E

Hi,
I recently have installed Arch Linux on Asus P5K-E because my old motherboard and HDD was broken.
Before installation I tried Ubuntu Live to check that all hardware was working fine and I tested sound and works.
After installation all works fine except audio. I've readed a lot on Arch Linux Wiki and Forum to resolve the issue but I have not found the solution.

My user is in audio group. Module snd_hda_intel is loaded in kernel. I don't have $HOME/.asoundrc config file.

/etc/asound.conf

# Use PulseAudio by default
pcm.!default {
  type pulse
  fallback "sysdefault"
  hint {
    show on
    description "Default ALSA Output (currently PulseAudio Sound Server)"
  }
}

ctl.!default {
  type pulse
  fallback "sysdefault"
}

# vim:set ft=alsaconf:

Anyone have this motherboard and found the solution? Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Last edited by cuarti (2018-02-21 21:22:02)

#2 2018-02-19 10:24:23

shved

Re: [SOLVED] Audio not working on Asus P5K-E

The asoundrc config file is for ALSA installation. Your configuration means that your alsa lib works over the pulseaudio server. Check your instalation. If you have pulseaudio server installed, please, refer to according wiki page to configure or troubleshot it. If you want to use alsa only, check this to learn how to write proper config for it.

Sorry for my english

#3 2018-02-20 22:34:26

cuarti

Re: [SOLVED] Audio not working on Asus P5K-E

I already check ALSA and PulseAudio and I tried a lot of configurations but nothing works. I just reinstalled system and it is already not working.

When I try to play some audio, it sounds the typical sound when you connect the audio connector.
I use Gnome 3 and in sound settings section appears one device named "Digital Output (S/PDIF) - Internal Audio" and profile named "Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output", but comparing with my laptop, it have the device named "Speakers - Internal Audio" and profile named "Analogical Stereo Output".

I have connected audio to jack connector, not the S/PDIF connector. So it seems that my system can't recognize drivers of jack.

PD: Solved, is so stupid, I didn't have installed pulseaudio-jack

Last edited by cuarti (2018-02-21 21:21:38)

Board footer