You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-09 17:05:38

detto

openbox obtuner themes prob

heyho!

im just beginning with a box as my wm, openbox.
am trying to configure it and so far so good.
ive got "obconf" for changing themes and some important settings and "obtuner" for editing my keyboard and mouse shortcuts.
ive manually "diff'ed"  lol obconf to obtuner and think i dont need obconf but with the tuner the option to change my theme doesnt work :cry: it doenst show the selected theme "on the fly" like on obconf which is very useful imo and also doesnt changes it after selecting and hitting "OK".  roll  :?

is it a bug in obtuner, of s.th. to easily fix? plz help me out smile

#2 2006-07-09 17:28:50

Global Havok

Re: openbox obtuner themes prob

detto wrote:

heyho!

im just beginning with a box as my wm, openbox.
am trying to configure it and so far so good.
ive got "obconf" for changing themes and some important settings and "obtuner" for editing my keyboard and mouse shortcuts.
ive manually "diff'ed"  lol obconf to obtuner and think i dont need obconf but with the tuner the option to change my theme doesnt work :cry: it doenst show the selected theme "on the fly" like on obconf which is very useful imo and also doesnt changes it after selecting and hitting "OK".  roll  :?

is it a bug in obtuner, of s.th. to easily fix? plz help me out smile

Hey, good to see someone else using obtuner.  One of the few downfalls of obtuner is that when you change themes, you must manually restart openbox for theme changes to take place, as opposed to obconf which does this automatically.  Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release.

#3 2006-07-09 18:54:51

detto

alrighty! thx for ya answer wink

u know a/the command to exit openbox manually?
i dont use openbox' menun but xfdesktop instead. atm im "exiting" X/openbox with ctrl+alt+backspace... but i dont think that's a good choice, so: how do i quit/exit openbox? smile

#4 2006-07-10 09:26:33

benplaut

you don't have to restart openbox... just reconfigure.

It's probably in your menu

Board footer