You are not logged in.
Alt-Shift-< is Emacs's key bind. It can't be enter in TTY. I type cat enter and Alt-< is OK but Alt-Shift-Any character is not detected.
Am I alone? Someone please switches to TTY and type cat enter and Alt-Shift-"<" or ">" or "any character".
Therefore any ncurse application that make use of Alt-Shift-"any character" does not work.
Everything is ok with x terminal like Konsole.
I suggest anyone interested try this out.
Last edited by kts (2018-02-23 10:20:13)
What you know about computing other people will learn. Don't feel as if the key to successful
computing is only in your hands. What's in your hands, I think and hope, is intelligence:
the ability to see the machine as more than when you were first led up to it, that you can make it more.
—Alan J. Perlis (April 1, 1922 – February 7, 1990)
Offline
And, what was the solution?
Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
Offline
/etc/vconsole.conf
KEYMAP = us
What you know about computing other people will learn. Don't feel as if the key to successful
computing is only in your hands. What's in your hands, I think and hope, is intelligence:
the ability to see the machine as more than when you were first led up to it, that you can make it more.
—Alan J. Perlis (April 1, 1922 – February 7, 1990)
Offline