You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-26 03:44:08

dmidge

[solved] Audio stops working after few hours of inutilisation

Hi,

I have a question. It looks to me to be some kind of weird bug.
When I am using the sound system of my computer, I can use it for hours. But whenever when I stop using it for a couple of hours, the sound system doesn't work anymore, until I reboot... No matter how long I was playing music with it... I have no idea where it comes from. (Btw, I use the phonon-vlc backend, with pulseaudio.)
Any idea on which direction I should dig to find my answer?

Also, whenever I am not using my sound card by any application, I have a constant crackling noise that goes off as soon as I am starting to play some sound.... If you have any solution for that, it would be great....

Thanks!

Last edited by dmidge (2018-03-16 23:04:50)

#2 2018-02-26 08:01:13

Morn

Re: [solved] Audio stops working after few hours of inutilisation

dmidge wrote:

Also, whenever I am not using my sound card by any application, I have a constant crackling noise that goes off as soon as I am starting to play some sound.... If you have any solution for that, it would be great....

Putting

options snd-hda-intel power_save=0

in /etc/modprobe.d/sound_power.conf works for me.

#3 2018-03-02 23:24:37

dmidge

Thanks, I'll try that! smile
I just notice that I have nothing in the modprobe.d folder, thus I'll create the file. I hope it won't be a problem.

Also, for the following person that will arrive on this post. I managed to avoid the problem with the sound stopping working after a little while. The solution was to uninstall phonon-gstreamer-qt4 and phonon-gstreamer-qt5. By reinstalling it, putting it by default, and installing all optional dependencies, it started working all the time.
To be more precise, I had to install gst-plugins-ugly and gst-plugins-bad.

#4 2018-03-16 23:02:40

dmidge

Hi,

To give feedback, I did several tries including changing the backend and your recommendation to eliminate the crackling noise. And it did work! smile

Thanks for your help Morn!

Last edited by dmidge (2018-03-16 23:04:27)

Board footer