You are not logged in.
Hello!
Good morning everyone
Before starting, I would like to make clear that I recently installed Arch Linux with OpenBox and that in Debian I did not have any kind of problems.
I hope you can help me, I will write it as clear and understandable as possible.
Well, as I said before, I recently installed Arch Linux, for the simple fact of being able to switch from Deabian to this fabulous pure operating system.
When I installed OpenBox, everything went perfectly, the menu.xml worked very well, until surprisingly, when I set up the autostart to boot the programs at the beginning of the system, it did not work, for example, I put 'tint2 &' and when I started session in OpenBox, this program was not executed (Taskbar).
I pass you capture of my current configuration of the autostart and I hope for answers that can help me to make this work.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilzh2g4hx1g38 … 1.png?dl=0
Greetings and thank you!
Last edited by debiarch (2018-03-03 15:28:32)
Offline
Welcome to the forums. While it's not particularly important for that autostart file, please always post the content of files as text (either in [ code ] tags here or as a text file on a file sharing site) not as an image.
On the topic of the problem, how do you start X? Do you use openbox or openbox-session?
"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman
Offline
Please post text as text in [ code ] tags instead of as images.
How are you starting Openbox? Post the files you are using to start openbox. Have you seen https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Openbox#Standalone specifically, pay close attention to the blue notes box.
Edit: Whelp too slow.
Last edited by V1del (2018-03-03 13:17:37)
Offline
Try tint2 with a config file. For ex.:
tint2 -c ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc &Offline
Excuse me, I know I could have put a line of codes, and I did not notice and I put an image
To start X, I use lightdm, with the openbox session
Offline
Try tint2 with a config file. For ex.:
tint2 -c ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc &
I do not know how to do it, because I do not have tint2rc in that directory, although I know it's an example
Offline
Please post text as text in [ code ] tags instead of as images.
How are you starting Openbox? Post the files you are using to start openbox. Have you seen https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Openbox#Standalone specifically, pay close attention to the blue notes box.
Edit: Whelp too slow.
I'll put a line of codes
Offline
Welcome to the forums. While it's not particularly important for that autostart file, please always post the content of files as text (either in [ code ] tags here or as a text file on a file sharing site) not as an image.
On the topic of the problem, how do you start X? Do you use openbox or openbox-session?
To start X, I use lightdm, with the openbox session
Offline
Welcome to the forums. While it's not particularly important for that autostart file, please always post the content of files as text (either in [ code ] tags here or as a text file on a file sharing site) not as an image.
On the topic of the problem, how do you start X? Do you use openbox or openbox-session?
Offline
Please post text as text in [ code ] tags instead of as images.
How are you starting Openbox? Post the files you are using to start openbox. Have you seen https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Openbox#Standalone specifically, pay close attention to the blue notes box.
Edit: Whelp too slow.
Offline
Try tint2 with a config file. For ex.:
tint2 -c ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc &
I got the following and it worked:
sudo tint2 -c /usr/bin/tint2 &
now when removing the terminal, the tint2 is removed, not before, with sudo the bar was kept, the command I put it in autostart and it does not work.
It also works with:
tint2 -c /usr/bin/tint2 &
Last edited by debiarch (2018-03-03 13:47:51)
Offline
Okay, guys, it looks like I have to manually run the autostart script doing the following:
$ cd ~/.config/openbox
$ sudo sh autostart
But what interests me is that it runs only at the beginning of the openbox session, that I do not know how to do it, because with Debian it did not have any problem.
I do not know if it is necessary to start it with administrator or not, but it only leaves me with administrator (sudo)
Offline
You're already kids, the problem was that the xinitrc was not on:
$ exec openbox-session
And the .config folder of my user, all its contents had root rights.
I change it to my user and it works!
Thanks to all for helping me!
A greeting!
Offline
Glad to hear, however be aware that you should never run GUI applications as root, otherwise things like that can happen.
And for the future: Please edit your post's instead of double and triple posting if you need to append new information, I suggest you read: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … ow_to_post
Offline