You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-04 16:19:28

masterkorp
Member
From: Ponte de Lima, Portugal
Registered: 2010-09-16
Posts: 47
Website

Scripting Gnome 3 external monitor connection

Hello everyone,

I have a GPD Pocket laptop, funny stuff, the laptop does come rotated.

Fixing that on Gnome 3 was easy enough, I just needed to add the following to ~/.config/monitors.xml

<monitors version="2">
  <configuration>
    <logicalmonitor>
      <x>0</x>
      <y>0</y>
      <scale>2</scale>
      <primary>yes</primary>
      <transform>
        <rotation>right</rotation>
        <flipped>no</flipped>
      </transform>
      <monitor>
        <monitorspec>
          <connector>DSI-1</connector>
          <vendor>unknown</vendor>
          <product>unknown</product>
          <serial>unknown</serial>
        </monitorspec>
        <mode>
          <width>1200</width>
          <height>1920</height>
          <rate>60.384620666503906</rate>
        </mode>
      </monitor>
    </logicalmonitor>
  </configuration>
</monitors>

Now the problem comes when connecting to an external monitor, as soon I plug an external monitor. The laptop screen does rotate back. It becomes painful to go to the screen menu and just enable the external screen.

Is is there a way to script the monitor config with wayland? With X server I used xrandr. Is there an equivalent way to script it ?

Any sugestions welcome.

Regards,
Alfredo Palhares


Regards,
Alfredo Palhares

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB