You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-04 21:28:00

fledermann
Member
From: Bielefeld, Germany
Registered: 2013-06-24
Posts: 49

Can't raise Volume to 150% via multimedia keys

That's a problem I have no Idea how to tackle.

I'm using pulseaudio and ALSA, everything is working fine. I can raise the volume with "pactl [...] +5%" to well over 100%.
I'm using xbindkeys to bind this exact command to XF86AudioRaiseVolume, which works... until 100%.

Since the pactl command itself is working, I think Xfree86 stops recognizing the key command when full volume is reached? How is that possible?

Any hints much appreciated.

Last edited by fledermann (2018-03-04 21:28:54)

Offline

#2 2018-03-04 22:56:10

Ropid
Member
Registered: 2015-03-09
Posts: 1,069

Re: Can't raise Volume to 150% via multimedia keys

This is not the behavior I see here. I had the opposite problem, where I wanted to limit things to 100%, and I had to write a crappy script to do this. It definitely went above 100% for me. This is with i3 and in its config doing "pactl set-sink-volume 0 +5%" for the media key. Maybe you have another program running that takes over the keys and the volume change? For example a sys-tray volume icon thingy.

Last edited by Ropid (2018-03-04 22:57:47)

Offline

#3 2018-03-05 10:15:16

fledermann
Member
From: Bielefeld, Germany
Registered: 2013-06-24
Posts: 49

Re: Can't raise Volume to 150% via multimedia keys

I'm using xfce4-plugin-pulseaudio, but removing it doesn't change the behaviour. I think it's just a front-end for pactl anyway.

Edit: to clarify, it's a pretty bare arch setup. I only installed basic xfce4 (sans *-goodies), chromium, vaapi, alsa, pulseaudio, and a few smaller tools.

Last edited by fledermann (2018-03-05 11:55:35)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB