You are not logged in.
Regardless of what I do, I always end up with a `swap` folder inside my `~/.vim/` directory. If I `rmdir` it, and then start `vim`, there it automagically pops up again.
I have eliminated all the possible culprits I could think of: in fact, even if I start with a clean config (removing `.vim` and `.vimrc`), this still happens. It also happens in root mode, with a clean config.
But this does not happen in Debian! (it is the only other distro I tried so far). So I am thinking it might have something to do with the default config shipped by Arch. I also had a look at those files, but nothing stood out.
So... anyone has a clue?
Cheers! (and thanks)
Last edited by gauthma (2018-03-06 09:09:45)
Offline
Offline
Offline
More generally, https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/pack … 41a13aaf48
And several related bugs in response like https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/57682
Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)
Offline
I had actually checked `/etc/vimrc`but alas, not `/usr/share/vim/vimfiles/archlinux.vim`. Anyway, the reason why this annoyed me so much is the same as mentioned in ticket 57682: it needlessly clutters `~/.vim`. But oh well, I guess I have the answer to my question. Thank you so much!
Offline